3/14/12


Oh man, I watched Julie and Julia last night and it was AWESOME. I've always liked cooking, so maybe I'll get into some culinary classes? 


But yesterday I went to the ice skating rink (My sis had a class) and I really think I want to start skating again. I skated for 8 years and then quit...I wish I hadn't but I was just so stressed out trying to find out who I was supposed to be and all that teenage fun stuff (sarcasm) 

But really...It was so fun. Not only did I have something to brag about, but it always made me feel better. But I think I'll take it slow and not rush into it like everything else (hah) and just try to get a job there. I thought maybe I could be a guard. Basically all you have to do is skate around in a giant circle along with all the other skaters (during public skate time) and help anyone up if they fall. Sounds easy enough.

But getting a job has been important to me lately. I think I mostly want one so I can wake up in the morning and tell people, "Well, going to work now. Behave yourselves." Sounds silly haha, but I've always wanted to say that ;]


Something I've been really really exited about though is Easter!! And Easter usually comes with a trip to Kentucky to see all my country folks. Plus in Kentucky they have the biggest and cutest grasshoppers like the one above. Isn't he adorable? 

I remember when I was small I would hunt for eggs in my grannies backyard and it was so fun!! And although I have not stopped dressing up for Halloween even though I'm 17 and people say I'm too old, I think I am too old for hunting for eggs unless it's a super hard egg challenge (which I hope our family can have sometime! I mean come on, grown ups need to have some fun too right?) Nowadays I think focusing on the real meaning of Easter instead of plastic eggs and artificial candy is more important and I'm proud that I know I should. Some of my teen friends still think that egg hunting and goodie baskets are the real gold in Easter.

I remember at a church I went to when I was younger we got to drink vinegar from a sponge (not sure if this was healthy haha but it got the message across) and we were able to understand how cruel people were to Jesus. I mean that stuff was nasty! I think a lesson like that should come first and then the egg hunt.


Another part of Easter I love is the crafts!! I love making things. I thought maybe I'd make these for some kids at my church as well as my family.

If you want to make them, here's the page where I found them at -

http://easypreschoolcraft.blogspot.com/2012/02/easter-bunny-chick-goodies-cup-craft.html

Thanks for reading or skimming or whatever you did! ;D
Oh but St. Patty's comes before Easter so make sure you wear green ^_~

Have an awesome day my nonexistent readers ;D

-Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment