3/16/12

Today was an extremely eventful day! I went on a field trip with a group of home schooled kids (I used to be home schooled and my brother and sister are home schooled, so I tagged along.) and we went to the city hall and police department. And the reason I have these Japanese dolls as my main picture is because in the city hall they had a display of Hinamatsuri dolls. The picture is from google, I didn't take it, but the dolls and display looked exactly like this one. Girl's day is coming soon in Japan so that's why they put them there. I thought it was really cool that they did that.

But anyways...we went on a tour of city hall which was boring for me because I really don't care all that much about government stuff as it is just too complicated and flawed in a lot of ways in my opinion. The lady that led the tour was really nice though. I liked her shirt.

Oh but we did see the mayors office! I thought that was cool. Her desk was quite messy though...I wish I could clean it for her. Then I could tell all my friends that I cleaned the mayor's desk!! :D

The police station was the best though!! Police officers are so nice :D The guy that led the tour was a police officer and he told us about his belt which is my favorite thing to learn about. He had a taser and a gun and a baton and pepper spray and all sorts of epic weapons :D He has even been tased and pepper sprayed and he said it hurts really bad haha ;D I'll take his word on that. 

 

For my readers an educational short video on tasers :D Watch all of it though cause in the 
end a news reporter gets tased ;D ouch. 


After we went on our field trip we went to the park and I tried to feed a squirrel a saltine cracker. I don't understand why he kept running away. I was being very kind sharing my crackers with him.

But tonight will be a movie night!! I am exited. I got new movies at the Library - Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Bright Star, The Confessor, and Flipped. They all seemed pretty good. I think I'll watch The Confessor first. My brother also got Hoodwinked Too and I'm sure it's gunna be great. Hoodwinked number one was really funny.

Another thing is I've been watching a lot of Saturday Night Live and it's so funny ;D It can be really disgusting though let me tell you. But I think that's what makes it so funny ;D

Please enjoy this clip from SNL ;D I'm warning you though it's super gross~~super.gross.


Hahahaha. Well I'm gunna close this post now as today is another very lovely day. I think I'll go for a bike ride. 

Thanks for reading or skimming or whatever you did ;D

Have a awesome day!! :D

-Callie

1 comment:

  1. CALLIE! Hey! Blogging again I see. Man, it's been awhile.

    That sounds interesting. Funny about the mayor's desk, I'm always wanting to clean up after people in public.

    Police officers are pretty awesome and needed.
    Their belts are always so tricked out, too.

    The weather is just crazy warm. Ohio is pretty similar weather wise.
    I went to pitch practice and now I'm just reading.

    Glad that you seem a lot happier :)

    ReplyDelete